Steel Structures – Eco-friendly Applications
Gone would be the outdated corrugated metal structures of history. The brand new generation of pre engineered steel structures have found use within an ever increasing number of Eco-friendly building projects. Steel structures are leading the means by the Eco-friendly building revolution, meeting Eco-friendly building design goals with innovative building design, engineering and employ of materials.
Eco-friendly building design, also referred to as “sustainable building” is transitional phase once we notice that global sources are restricted which global warming is inevitable – unless of course we take positive action now.
Eco-friendly building recognizes the ecological impact of structures, their construction, existence-cycle and supreme destruction, and activly works to lessen this impact through
* Eco seem building materials
* Innovative building design
* Healthy indoor atmosphere
Eco-friendly Pre-engineered Steel Structures
Pre-engineered steel structures also referred to as prefabricated structures or prefab metal structures are a cutting-edge building solution featuring solid steel I-beam building construction.
* Pre-engineered structures are made and engineered by trained and licensed structural metal building engineers to satisfy all local building codes for snow and wind load and seismic conditions.
* Building components are engineered and fabricated to specific specifications while using greatest grade commercial steel available.
* Modern steel manufacturers employ energy-efficient methods in steel production which help to substantially reduce green house gas emissions.
* Whenever a steel building is destroyed to create method for new construction the metal building materials don’t finish in a landfill like asphalt shingles, concrete, brick and wood. The steel is recycled rather.
* Steel could be recycled again and again without lack of the caliber of the steel.
* More steel is recycled than other recyclable materials combined.
Awesome Coatings Get Awesome Energy Credit
“Awesome” coatings are special siliconized polyester paints with superior reflective characteristics. “Awesome” coatings put on metal structures behave as a thermal barrier to help keep the insides of metal structures awesome in summer time. Which means that structures coated with “awesome” coatings consume less energy, making steel structures more energy-efficient. Using “awesome” coatings saves money and also the atmosphere through reduced energy costs within the existence from the building and may even be eligible for a Federal tax credits.
Urban Heat Islands: Awesome Roofs Bring Relief
Savvy builders take advantage to the fact that metal building roofs reflect light as well as heat keeping structures cooler in warm weather. Plus, metal building roofs don’t store heat and radiate it back during the night like other kinds of roofs. This protects energy in cooling costs helping save the atmosphere by lessening the urban “heat island” effect. An “urban heat island” occurs when urban concrete and asphalt construction absorbs heat throughout the day then radiates it back during the night to ensure that temperatures don’t fall during the night because they would, and it is a effective cause of global warming and climatic change.
In places like California, Texas and Florida, commercial building construction is benefiting from the “awesome” qualities of metal roofs for commercial structures for example warehouses, industrial manufacturing plants, aircraft hangars, storage structures, retail store stores, car dealerships, strip malls and much more.
Metal building roofs work in order to save energy and also the atmosphere in cooler climates. A colored metal roof not just reflects heat in summer time, but additionally maintains heat within the building on awesome days, conserving heating costs and maintaining your indoor atmosphere healthy and comfy both in summer time and winter. New metal building roofs be eligible for a Federal tax credits.
Steel Structures: Economical, Energy-efficient and Eco-friendly
* Do not require cutting lower valuable forests.
* Are produced having a high proportion of recycled content.
* Employ sustainable building construction and designs and erect a lot sooner than conventional building construction.
* Fire and rust resistant and steel structures are virtually easy to maintain.
* By their nature steel structures are durable, cost-effective, energy-efficient and Eco-friendly.